HI all!

It is good to be back onthe list.  We endured a
prolonged move and are settling into our new home.

I must also extend belated Happy First Birthday wishes
to my boy Cutter and his 5 littermate brothers.  They
celebrated their first b-day on August 21st.  Thanks
to Tina Gaines of Garland Ridge BMD's for breeding
such a wonderful litter and to Bobbie Hefner for
Cutter's presence in our home.  He is truly a delight.

I also wanted to second Janice's comments about the
purchase price of the dog, just being the beginning.
I suggest to PPO's that they have at least twice to
purchase price of the dog in reserve for potential
health costs.  I also point out that doing this avoids
a situation where they are forced to decide between
the barces their son or daughter needs and the surgery
their dog needs.  While working in rescue, this was a
good way for potential owners to assess their
readiness and to discuss the real health challenges
these wonderful dogs face.

Barbara, hang in there. You made some excellent
decisions and it was great of you to share your story.
 Thanks.

Berner hugs to you all!

p.s. I have to go get creative about naming the costco
berner,  I can't believe I almost missed the
fundraiser.  Bad girl, no treats for me!

=====
Wendi Giordano [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Striving to be worthy of my beautiful Berners...
In gratitude to and loving memory of Miss Kitty (Swiss Stars Cat Balou)
Dec. 1, 1994 - Feb. 14, 2003
Splash (Swiss Stars Over Niagara)
Cutter (Swiss Stars Black Diamond)