Hi all

Well once again my boy decided to freak me out. He started limping really
badly a week or so ago. And this was not on his left front [the bad elbow]
but his right front. Well, like all good berner owners, I totally lost it,
thought the worst, and was busy writing his obit, figuring it could be
nothing other than ostoscarcoma. sigh....sometimes too much info is a bad
thing....lol.

Got him into the vet and it turns out he sprained the middle 2 toes on his
right foot. I have never heard of such a thing. But, boy am I happy! A
sprain I can live with. Of course our vet [the cortisone king] gave me
cortisone. I have been doing crate rest and leash walking, but he said this
is a very slow healing injury. Bacchus isn't complaining or yelping like he
did with the ACL injury, he's just limping. My poor boy. He's 8 1/2 and my
best friend. The only reason I continue with this vet is he was Mary
Townsends vet for like 20 years and knows berners. She is Bacchus's sires
owner. So he knows berners but unfortunately isn't ready to accept anything
new. Like BARF or not giving regular vaccinations. Sigh. No amount of
research I've given him has swayed him.

Bacchus' half brother died at 7 after a rabies shot. It was just horrible.
Documented by UC Davis. But he [the vet] won't concede that that would have
anything to do with my boy.

Sorry to ramble....glad I have good news. Just thought I'd pass this along
and ask if anyone has ever had an injury such as this.

Cathi with Bacchus and Ari