I had a similar problem and there ended up being a load of MAPI errors
that were causing the issue. I still don't know exactly what was
causing the errors, but RIM was able to help me resolve the issue.

We are also running BES on Windows Server 2008 R2, which is currently
not officially supported.

- Chis