原始邮件

发件人:Rabadan,Jorge(Nokia-US/MountainView)
收件人:王玉保10045807;
抄送人:bess@ietf.org;
日 期 :2021年11月12日 04:06
主 题 :Re: Re:Comments on  draft-ietf-bess-evpn-prefix-advertisement and
draft-wang-bess-evpn-distributed-bump-in-the-wire

Hi Yubao,

I realized I did not respond to this (my apologies), and you reflected the same
questions in your slides about
draft-wang-bess-evpn-distributed-bump-in-the-wire during the BESS session.

I think it is okay if you want to describe a “distributed” bump-in-the-wire
scenario, but I don’t understand why you need any new extension.

[Yubao] Thanks for your response, I will explain why we need the Supplementary
Overlay Index (or the ACI-specific Ethernet A-D mode) in the following.

In your slide 5, the RT5s can be resolved to the proper RT1, based on the ESI
overlay index. The ESI is unique (cannot be configured in multiple ESes) and
the RT1 for the ESI carries the route-target of the BD, hence you have all the
information to resolve the RT5. What are you missing?

[Yubao] In my slide 5, I mainly wan't to say that, when there are two
Bump-in-the-wire instances in the same IP-VRF,

        Those RT-5 routes don't known which source MAC should their
corresponding data packets be encapsulated with,

        even if their ESI are different.

        The notes2 in slide 5 is mainly talking about the use case of slide 6.

        But Those RT-5 routes don't known inside which BD should their ESI be
resolved either, even if their ESI are different.

        So I put it together with notes1 in the slide 5, but I have no time to
explain the reasons in the prensetation.

        So, as I explained above, the information is not enough even if their
ESI are different, that's why we let the RT5 routes carry the export
Router-Targets of the BD/SBD.

        Please note that in slide 5, there are no SBD. Those RT-1 per EVI
routes will be imported into BD-10 or BD-20 respectively.

[Yubao] Some paragraphs from RFC9136 section 4.3 Bump-in-the-wire may help us
to understand this:

        *  The IP packet destined to IPx is encapsulated with:

           -  Inner source MAC = IRB1 MAC.

           -  Inner destination MAC = M2 (this MAC will be obtained from

              the EVPN Router's MAC Extended Community received along

              with the RT-5 for SN1).  Note that the EVPN Router's MAC

              Extended Community is used in this case to carry the TS's

              MAC address, as opposed to the MAC address of the NVE/PE.

           -  Tunnel information for the NVO tunnel is provided by the

              Ethernet A-D route per EVI for ESI23 (VNI and VTEP IP for

              the VXLAN case).

In your slide 6 you have a use-case with two ACs in the same ESI23, and you
seem to use the ethernet tag ID to encode the ACI. Can you not use a different
virtual Ethernet Segment per BD instead, and use RT1s for each ESI? In that way
you don’t need to use the ethernet-tag-id, which is used for vlan-aware-bundle
in general.

[Yubao] We can't use different vES per BD instead, because we can't assume that
BD-10 and BD-20 is always a new BD, which is created after
draft-wang-bess-evpn-distributed-bump-in-the-wire.

        These BDs may be already there for a long time before they will be
given a virtual-appliance (VA1 or VA2) who will make them become to BDs of
bump-in-the-wire instances in the future.

        So, before the evolution, they have nothing different from normal BDs,
I don't think there are any motivations for them to be deployed in the form of
vES other than a normal ESI.

        The vESes have other disadvantages, for example, the RT-4 routes will
be increased. the service carving will be complicated, the management will be
complicated, etc.

Thanks.

Jorge