From: BESS [mailto:bess-boun...@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Jorge Rabadan (Nokia)
Sent: Tuesday, March 5, 2024 1:57 AM
To: Allu, Ramaprasad <ramprasad...@hpe.com>; bess@ietf.org;
draft-sajassi-bess-evpn-ip-alias...@ietf.org
Cc: bess-cha...@ietf.org; Dikshit, Saumya <saumya.diks...@hpe.com>
Subject: Re: [bess] Queries to authors of
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-bess-evpn-ip-aliasing-00.html

Hi Ramaprasad,

About this:

“If MPLS label field is not considered for BGP route key, then BGP RIB will
have only one route entry at any given point of time.

That is, IP A-D per EVI route overwrites Ethernet AD per EVI and vice-versa if
same RD is used for IP-VRF and MAC-VRF.”

The Ethernet AD per EVI route and IP AD per EVI routes must use different RDs.
It was sort of implicit, since the former one uses the RD of the MAC-VRF and
the latter the RD of the IP-VRF, but we added this in rev 01 to make sure there
is no misunderstanding:

          *  The Route-Distinguisher is for the corresponding IP-VRF.  The
            Route-Distinguisher allocated for the IP-VRF MUST be unique in the
            PE.

Hope it helps.

Thank you,
Jorge