Quoting ceejay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> First, I'm not at all sure why I am presented with the options of
> having VU meters or Spectrum Analyser (seem to make no sense for an
> "off" device).  However, if I select one of these I get a blank screen
> when I turn the SB2 off, which is ok.

rather than going through the hassle of tracking every screensaver for every
mode it might be valid for, the server just lists them all.  The idea being
that the users would be smart enough no know that the analog VU doesn't really
do much when off (unless they want it that way)

> Second, I'm not sure what the "none" value is meant to do here.  It
> seems to leave the display on date-and-time when I turn it off... so
> how is that different from the "date and time" value?  I was initially
> expecting "none" to give me a blank screen, though I can see how this
> might be taken to mean "don't have a screensaver, ie leave the screen
> as it was....".

none, basically does nothing.  Whatever mod ethe player is in, the brightness
just dims to the 'idlebrightness' setting (unless server pref has selected
manual brightness only).  When off, the player defaults to date and time
display, so that's what you see.   In the case of off, this really isn't any
different than using date and time.  The Date and Time screensaver is there
mainly to server as an example of writing a simple screensaver.  I guess it
probably isn't needed for that, since there are lots more examples now, but
maybe some peope like to have date and time while the player is on.

-kdf