On Aug 30, 2005, at 1:33 PM, reinoud wrote:
I knew that but that isn't a really user-friendly solution is it? Go
into setup so that my server can go to sleep.
No, press and hold LEFT to disconnect your player from the network. Then press RIGHT to connect again. The fact that you can also set up your network (or choose another server, connect to SqueezeNetwork) is just a side effect.

Why isn't it possible to have the SB2 to disconnect from the network
when the power button is pressed. I don't need the clock...
Many folks use the web interface to wake up their "powered off" Squeezeboxes from the web interface or with the alarm clock feature.

While theoretically it would be possible to disconnect the player when it's off and the clock is hidden, then send a message to the player to wake back up later if you wanted to one of the things listed above, it's cumbersome and wouldn't work in many circumstances.