Philip Meyer Wrote:
> >If you've named your service "slimtrunk", then use that instead of
> >"slimsvc".  Include the double quotes.  Add logging and other
> >command-line options to the AppParameters string, outside of the
> double
> >quotes.
>
> I tried that already.  The service works with -w "slimserver.pl" in the
> AppParameters string, but error redirection to a file doesn't happen
> when I add 2>error.txt to it.  I guess this is incorrectly passed as a
> parameter to perl.
>
> I tried adding the redirection to srvany.exe, but that doesn't work
> either.
>
> I think the only way is to write a proper service, that spawns the perl
> process and catches the error stream.  The service could also respond to
> a shutdown event and properly tidy up when perl process dies.  It can
> also write to the app event log.
>
> I can write this, but only know how to do it in .NET, so would require
> the .NET framework if others want to use it.
Is capturing stdout and stderr really all that necessary?  In every
case where I've had SlimServer crash, I've found the reason in the logs
that SlimServer creates.

Would running the EXE version of the service enable you to do what you
want?  If you want to use SVN to save bandwidth, then I imagine it
would be possible to automate the process of doing an SVN update and a
build of the EXE on your end.

--
JJZolx

Jim