I've searched the forum, and checked and tried everything mentioned by
other folks who have had this problem.

My situation is similar to a number of them in that my music folder is
located on a different volume than my iTunes library xml file.  In my
case, Slimserver runs on my Win2K server, where the volume that
contains the actual music data is also located.  The iTunes libraray
file is located on my PC, and the folder containing that file is shared
publicly, and mounted as a volume on the server since slimserver does
not seem to understand network paths in Windoze.  I've checked and
rechecked the permissions.

Slimserver has "Use iTunes" enabled.  I have the server set to "Specify
iTunes Library Location" and I have the path to the library file listed
properly.  I have tried telling slimserver to re-scan the playlists,
but nothing works.

As another annoyance, I notice that the mapped network drives on the
server seem to go offline (little red "x" on the icon) after a period
of time, even though they remain continuously available.  I had thought
that this might have something to do with the problem, and it may
eventually, but even after refereshing the connection and then
requesting Slimserver to rescan, it does not see the iTunes playlists.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

= Ed =

--