Following this discussion, I've put together a simple plugin which tests
network bandwidth at a number of rates.

I would like some feedback from people on this, to see if it really
does detect the throughput people see on their wireless networks.
Assuming it proves useful I will look to add to it and probably
integrate it with the Health plugin.

Please try the attached and feedback your results.  It should work for
graphics players on 6.2 and later slimservers.

To use:
1) Select the "Network Test" option from the Plugin menu
2) Press down to select the network bandwith at which you want to
test.
3) The screen displays the rate, 1 second %age throughput and average
%age for that rate [average calculated over the period you leave it
running for]

You should be able to stream successfully at the highest rate at which
100% throughput is recorded.

Note: for SB1 if you drive the link too fast, the remote may become
unresponsive - the test can be stoped by powering off the player from
the web interface (I can't find a way round this)

[MrC - this is similar to the one you tested, but does not require the
server patch]

|Filename: NetTest.zip                                              |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=496|

Triode