dean Wrote:
> MrC,
>
> Is this worse than 29?  Can you describe your setup more?  Network
> setup, etc?
>
> The experience here is that it's better than 29, but you may have
> discovered another case.

Sorry for the delay in responding - it took me a while to test out
various cases.

It looks like 29 also stuttered - can't believe I didn't catch this.
The version of 29 I was using was the patched version you sent me that
resolved the reprogrammng Xilinx / DAC failure.

I reverted to svn 5087, which contains firmware 27, and there is no
stuttering.

Next I reverted to svn 5150 which is firmware 28 - no stuttering.

So firmware version 29 seems to be the culprit (not 33 as I'd reported)
of the WMA VBR encoded files stuttering (sounds like a mangled cassette
tape - the sound is continuous, just that it is all garbled and
distored).  It could be something changed in the server that is the
cause, isntead of the server, but I haven't tried anything to determine
this, as I'm not sure of the firmware inter-dependencies.

Net setup is belkin pre-n, which does not have any dropout or
connectivity issues.

--
MrC