I apologize if my explanation was not clear.  Please forgive this
long-winded one.

Pandora introduces the user to new music by including information   and
links to Amazon.  From their FAQ, they use the Genome project to "play
songs that are musically similar to what you've told us."  It happened
to me today.

I Have a Jazz Pandora station where I've entered Miles Davis and
others. I heard a tune that interested me, only it wasn't Miles Davis
or anyone else I knew.  It was Wayne Shorter, who turns out to be
another Jazz great from the 50s and 60s.  I can click the link in
Pandora for the Album Speak No Evil (http://tinyurl.com/lg3ws)
and there are samples for several cuts.

Only I can't start checking out the samples on Amazon to see if I want
to add the album to my wish-list because my SB3 is logged into
Squeezenet.  Instead, I am clicking the links while another software
parses the URL so that I can copy the mms URL into SlimServer, but
before I can do that I have to log the SB3 client off SN first.

An experience with the MusicMatch player will display the fluidity of
the user hearing a track selected based on preferences, then clicking a
link in the player (which is modified IE) to either (1) by the track,
(2)read the Artist info, and/or (3) listen to lots of samples and buy
lots of tracks or albums.

This is not to suggest that the MusicMatch/IE player should be emulated
in any way.  I do want to extend the interconnection between Pandora and
SB3 and the rest of the net so that my listening feeds my learning and
buying, which in turn feeds my listening, and so on.  Technologically,
I want to have an easy and smooth transition between streaming Pandora
and other  URL-based streams.

--
mark-e-mark