Quoting Triode <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Actually didn't see 100% cpu in my case, so think my case is probably a
different issue.  I think Rss is coincidental, but a good way to check
the server is still connected.

coincidence, perhaps...but I've never seen it freeze without. I leave all players off with the clock. If any are left on but in idle, it eventually freezes, maybe days later, maybe minutes.

BTW, Andy's recent timer code includes a bt() which is enabled with
d_time so if you do see something running at 100%, but the server is
still responsive try enabling d_time and seeing if it is due to a
single timer.

that would be great except that d_time is chatty, and whenever I've turned on logging...it doesn't happen. Once it happens without logging, it is too late to turn it on. :)