On Apr 28, 2006, at 10:50 AM, mlmurray wrote:

I understand that the Shoutcast plugin had to be rewritten for 6.5b1 due to changes with Shoutcast. The new one seems to be working fine for me
in that it connects to shoutcast and gets all the streams whereas
before I was just getting errors or just a few streams.

The question (not a complaint) I have is: what happened to the
preferences?  I liked to limit the list to a minimum 128kbps bitrate
and "normalize" my genres, but the preferences aren't showing up
anymore.  They were still in my slimserver.pref file, but the plugin
doesn't seem to be reading them.  I backed up my old .pref file and
deleted all the shoutcast lines thinking maybe the format of the
preferences had changed and my old ones were interfering somehow, but
that doesn't seem to be the case either.

Is this just due to the "newness" of this plugin (developers just
wanted to get it working and haven't gotten to the prefs yet)?  The
only reason I ask is that I haven't seen it discussed here yet and just
want to make sure it's not a problem with my setup.

Sort of, yes, we wanted to get a new working plugin out ASAP (before we knew they'd turn the old interface back on). So most features are not there. Another issue is that the plugin is now based on the generic XMLBrowser which does not have support for the extensive feature set of the old Shoutcast plugin. It will require a bit of a rethink about the options of the old plugin and whether they make sense to bring over to the new framework. For example any bitrate limiting would hit all XML-based plugins not just Shoutcast.