I got this running by doing as follows:
1. I installed the .deb debian version of slimserver which also
installed all dependencies
2. I uninstalled the slimserver just installed, but the dependencies
are left installed
3. In this situation the SlimServer_v2006-04-28.tar.gz still does not
work, gives error message:
Digest::SHA1 object version 2.10 does not match bootstrap parameter
2.11 at /usr/lib/perl/5.8/DynaLoader.pm line 245.
4. Now I tried to remove the CPAN directory, and without the CPAN
directory everything seems to work correctly.

I'm not sure if this is an error or if there are some packages
installed on my machine that made the CPAN directoy cause problem. I
have run the nightly from 30/3 previously and that works correctly, so
probably something has been changed between 30/3 and 28/4 that causes
this problem. The reason I can't use the .deb debian installation is
that I need to be able to easily switch between 6.2 and 6.5 during
plugin development.

Should I post a bug report related to this or can we assume that it
just has something to do with my machine configuration ?

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'