On May 5, 2006, at 11:53 AM, jonmyatt wrote:

hickinbottoms Wrote:
I'd therefore also prefer the streaming to be split off rather than the
scanning - after all most of the performance problems reported are
because audio stutters during scanning, not that the web interface is
sluggish.

Hmmm, at the risk of sounding churlish, for me it's actually both. The
web interface is nowhere like as responsive as I feel it should be. But
whilst it's annoying, that's something I can live with - the music
pausing is what really drives me nuts.

I assume you guys are using 6.5 nightlies or trunk? I just committed a patch that implements idleStreams during template processing. I'm testing on an SB1 streaming FLAC and can reload the main web interface repeatedly without any dropouts. Please test on your systems and see if you notice any improvement.