On May 23, 2006, at 8:38 AM, gandt wrote:

For what its worth - i have a few music files in the default location
(after start up I point slim at my network attached storage). I get the impression though its started processing the default location files and
this is what is taking the time?

Also can you give me the correct command line start up with flags to
try on the next reboot?

Even if it's scanning, you should be able to access the web interface and use your player(s). To get more info on scanning, you can run with --d_itunes (if you're using iTunes) or --d_scan.