* ron thigpen shaped the electrons to say...

Right now this doesn't run any of the Various Artists, Artwork, or DB
optimization that runs after a normal rescan / wipe.

Is this true just when running against sub-directories of the main music directory, or for all runs with the "--rescan" flag (find new and changed)?

Well, the --rescan argument is a no-op in the case that you have it a directory.

Take a look at scanner.pl (it's not very long) about line 142.

The (should be) easy fix for it, is to break Slim::Music::Import::startScan()
apart, so that the post-scan processing can happen no matter what.

I've tested it on a few directories. All had external artwork. None were Various Artists collections. No deleterious effects noted on general performance. Artwork appears in the web UI.

The artwork (at least some poritions of it) happens on the fly, and might
work in most cases. I can't say for the oddball artwork + format cases. (You
know who you are)

-D
--
On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.