Dan Sully;136958 Wrote:
> * ModelCitizen shaped the electrons to say...
>
> I am thinking that the SlimServer process is not as robust in 6.5 as it
> was in previous versions.
> What is the error message you are recieving? Either in the EventLog or
> elsewhere? Can you run slim.exe from the command line?
> If anything, SlimServer is *more* robust than previous versions.

I can run Slim from the command line.
I never had the SlimService crash in versions previous to 6.5, so, for
me, the 6.5 service appears less robust. There is a corresponding
message in event viewer's Application log from the crash of the 15th
(when Windows update was running). However there doesn't appear to be
one for the second crash on the 16th. My system log appears to have
become corrupt.

Source: Application
Event ID: 0

The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be
found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this
description; see Help and Support for details. The following
information is part of the event: DBD::mysql::st fetchrow_array failed:
fetch() without execute() at C:\Program
Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI/Cursor.pm line 86.

--
ModelCitizen

Why does it always happen to me?

Squeezebox2 > Benchmark Dac1 > Naim NAC 82 > Naim NAP 250 > Shahinian
Arcs.
Music catalog: http://modelcitizen.mine.nu/music.txt