I had to stop using SS 3.0b3 today for several reasons:

1) The display kept "freezing"--an image would stay on it, and although
it would respond to remote buttons it wouldn't update status at all.

2) If I used the large SB2 screen the javaw.exe process took 50% of the
CPU (3.0 GHz P4 w/hyperthreading turned on) and the whole computer
became sluggish as a result.  With the small screen CPU was 2-3%.  I
was not using a graphical screensaver, just the Now Playing screen
which was scrolling.

3) If I changed the slimdevices skin properties while it was running
the audio would stop and the player would not let me restart it unless
I exited and started over.

I'm using Java 1.5.0_06 on Windows.

--
mrfantasy