* interspectrum shaped the electrons to say...

What are the goals for 7.0? I understand that what everyone hopes will
happen during development isn't always able to get done in time for
release, but what are the features that are possible.

We have a draft plan here:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?SlimServer7Spec

Also, I know that one of the development goals for the future are to
enable ease of managing a large collections. Does this include the
ability to edit the ID3 and other types of tags? This is the hardest
part of managing my collection and would be great if I could do it in
the web ui.

That's actually an anti-goal. We have no plans to become a tag editor. There
are much better programs for that out there.

-D
--
Do not panic, do not panic! We are trained professionals!
Now, stay calm. We are going around the leaf.