Some folks seem to be having fits getting wireless streaming working.
While there are numerous variables that contribute to wireless
connections either working well or not, and without -really- knowing
anything about its inner workings, I contend that wireless streaming is
still a bit of a black art.

That having been said, if you're willing to spend another $75.00 on an
experiment, you may have the same success I've had.

I have a wired (not wireless) Squeezebox. On my network however, I have
two Linksys WAP54G access points. One is in the basement and the other
is on our second floor, 20' feet above it.

I have an ancient, piece-of-crap, Mac B&W G3 attached to the access
point on the second floor. SoftSqueeze is running on it. I have NO
dropouts streaming either Internet radio or my FLAC collection from the
basement PC. Now this, it seems to me, definitely qualifies as a worse
case scenario.

On one occasion, I took the Squeezebox and the second floor access
point outside for a party. From there, line of sight for the signal was
through about 90' of dirt and concrete. I had no dropouts for hours
streaming FLACs. Finally, around 11:00 PM, I started getting some
dropouts, which I blamed on the neighbors clogging the airwaves. There
are several wireless networks near me.

So, if you're willing to invest in a $75.00 experiment, get an access
point, and see if that works better.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says: