I recently installed 6.5.1. At first, it worked fine. But now I can't
open it. Here's the message I get when I double click on the SlimServer
desktop icon:

"Starting SlimServer failed. Please see the Event Viewer & contact
support."

I get the same message if I use the start menu. Fortunately, Slimserver
works and I can still open it by right-clicking on the taskbar icon and
selecting "open SlimServer". To be clear: Slimserver itself works, but
I can't open it.

What is the event viewer?

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10980 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

--
Nostromo