I have noticed some odd results from doing a library scan using 6.5.1
(most lately with the December 31st build), specifically:

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11064 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.1.102
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

I haven't been able to find anything in the reported bugs, though this
could be indicative of inadequate skills searching Bugzilla rather than
lack of a previous bug report.

My whole library is flac disc images with external cuesheets.  The
specific behaviour is that a small percentage of discs are listed with
every cut as "'artist - album' from 'album' by 'artist'" instead of
"'cut' from 'album' by 'artist'".  I have one oddball one that lists
tracks 6 and 7 of a 20 cut disc correctly but all the rest incorrectly.
(This makes no sense to my programmer's intuition because of course all
cut titles are being parsed out of the same file, so why should two
lines in the middle be special?)

I have noticed this sort of behaviour previously with flac files that
have problems with their cuesheets, mismatches between cuesheets and
tags, or high ASCII characters in album titles, but I haven't been able
to spot any such issues with these files even after repeated careful
inspection.

I decided to do a scan with debugging on and see if any error messages
provided a clue, but with d_scan set the only log entry I get is one
line that reads "Setup::rescan - initiating scan of type: [wipecache]"
Apparently that isn't the right debug  setting or I need to look
somewhere else for the scan log.

Questions:

1. Has this behaviour been encountered previously, and if so is there a
known solution?

2. What debug settings need to be used to debug the scan?

--
stephenkca