Michael Herger;208703 Wrote:
> > Any chance this could be merged into SlimServer 6?  From what I can
> > tell, this didn't require some fundamental architecture change -
> it's
> > mostly user interface - so I would think it's doable without tipping
> > the boat too much.
>
> It's a complete rewrite. The 6.x favorites don't support hierarchical
> organization, do they?

Just a different data storage format, isn't it?  How much does that
influence how difficult it would be to get it into SlimServer 6?  I
imagine there should be some code in place to import existing favorites
into a flat 'Old Favorites' folder or somesuch.

There are a few cool things in 7.0 that are pretty much complete and
appear to be debugged.  The bigger changes, such as the new plugin
architecture, are barely begun, so it's a shame to have this work sit
another year or however long it'll be before 7.0 can be released.

--
JJZolx

Jim