On Oct 21, 2007, at 1:08 PM, Ramage wrote:

> andyg;236866 Wrote:
>> Yep, I made a change to require the Encode::Detect module, and
>> since you
>> have a custom non-threaded Perl (I'm assuming) you will need to
>> install
>> it manually.
>
> I reverted to my old Perl 5.8.5 and 10-21 works OK.  I loaded 5.8.8
> because CLI doesn't work very well with 5.8.5 - for now I'll keep
> 5.8.5
> active.

Can you explain what you mean by 'doesn't work very well'?

> I don't quite understand what multi-threaded means but would it be
> possible to get 5.8.8 multi-threaded?

We aren't using any threaded features of Perl but our included binary
Perl modules are only built for threaded Perls.  Since you built your
own and didn't enable threading, you can't use the included binary
modules.

> The Menus on 10-20 and 10-21 are a bit scrambled, is this deliberate?

What do you mean?  I think they've always been that way.  Please
start a new thread about this.