>And this is not with the MIS screensaver? Just making sure :-)

Unrelated to MIS screensaver.

I think I've discovered the issue.  Having got SVN latest, I took the new
firmware again (a bug prevented firmware upgrade earlier in the day).  I
updated the transporter, and it seemed to take okay.  I then experienced
problems playing tracks - would not start a track until I paused/unpaused, and
would not play the next song once the previous song had finished.

I just noticed that my other player was also awaiting a firmware upgrade.
After I updated that, the problem disapeared on the transporter.

I'll file a bug report on that.

Phil