Fletch;258046 Wrote:
> I'll look into making the mysqld dependency compatible with the ALTLinux
> package.

My guess just listing mysqld_safe and safe_mysqld as equivalently
sufficient should work. Oh, and it is installed in /usr/sbin/ here, not
in /usr/bin/.

Fletch;258046 Wrote:
> Is this some kind of conflict with Avahi?  Can you test if the SC
> start/stop scripts work properly if Avahi is not running?  If you are
> knowledgeable about Avahi, can you look at bug 5706 and see if you
> think it's related?

No, I have no clue of what Avahi is, except for the fact that it has
something to do with ad hoc network configuration (which I never
needed). I had it installed because apt-get always pulls it due to
dependencies every time I upgrade a major component of the system (like
KDE) so I gave up and let it prevail. I checked and I also see I have
another mDNSresponder service installed and running, coming from howl
package. Have no idea why it was installed (apt-get sometimes has a
mind of its own). I'll try disabling it.

Yes, #5706 looks like exactly the same problem I am having. Was it
fixed in SC7 tarball builds? The bug discussion only talks about RPM
version (and that's the one I tried).

Thanks for you help!

Cheers,
bamyasi