Even if you are running headless, you can still open up the MIP
application GUI and use the application window.  It does crash
occasionally, so a good idea to take a backup of your default.m3lib
file, just in case (although I've never had to use mine).

The pre-fixes and suffixes only work in relation to playlists created
in MIP, not via SC.  If you create and save a playlist in MIP using the
GUI (so it appears in the left hand side of the application window),
then do a full clear and rescan it will pick up those MIP playlists
without you having to save them in SC and prefix/suffix them so you can
tell which ones they are.  I think I mentioned, I use ZZ: so they appear
down the end of my playlist list.

--
Siduhe