gharris999;263192 Wrote:
> Are all these paths actually hard-coded into the code???  If so, where?
> And why?

Yeah, there's a bunch of hardcoded stuff for the RPM and deb, mostly in
OSDetect.pm, but a few other places as well.  It checks if the RPM or
deb is installed and makes some assumptions based on that.

> A more general question:  shouldn't it be possible to have both a
> released SC7 and the SVN trunk code installed on the same server and be
> able to run one or the other without their code becoming dangerously
> intermingled?

I agree.  Bug 6465 is somewhat related, but I suggest you open a new
bug.  I'd like to address this post-7.0, but I'm not really the best
person to do it.

In the short term, I'm not sure the best way to accomplish what you
want.  You'll probably be better off by installing both versions from
svn or tarball.

--
Fletch