I think that this may be an example of a long standing bug (number 4361)
which causes albums with the same name are treated as one where the
"Treat multi-disc sets as a single album" setting is on.

The way round it (assuming these are single disc albums) is to make
sure that the "disc x of y" tags are not set, at least for the
particular albums with the same name that are causing problems

I previously had single albums tagged as disc 1 of 1 and had this
problem for those with the same name (especially a problem for
'Greatest Hits' albums!), but now set the disc tags to blank except for
genuine multi-disc albums (ie disc 1 of 3 etc).  Fortunately, I do not
have any multi-disc albums with the same name, so this seems to solve
the problem for me.

Hope this helps

WhaleOil

--