> Slow start-up... is it here to stay?

As long as we can't reproduce it or don't know the reason for the delay, yes.
But you might have seen the other thread ("can't connect to web interface" or
similar). Could you please follow up in there? There are two log files in
there: do you see any similar log entries on your system (DNS, connection to SN
failed etc.)?

> As the fix you recommended has no affect on the 3-10 minutes it takes
> to get to a fully loaded interface, is there a fix for this issue
> coming?

The change I proposed does indeed not influence the startup, but the scanning
process.

--

Michael