wireless200 wrote:
> I don't like having to first open Slimserver then click on Settings
> which opens another window to get to the place to click a rescan of the
> music library.  Is there a shorter method?  I don't want to set auto
> scan because I don't need it to scan every single day.  Why not just
> add the settings tab to the first window that opens?

Judging by other responses, it looks like you're in a minority of 1 here.

Certainly, I don't see why the link you need to click to start a
time-consuming process needs to be made available so quickly in the
interface.

Others have suggested ways you can reduce this, if you really need/want to.

So, I think this likely to be something you'll have to live with.

R.