egd;321613 Wrote:
> Seems there isn't any way to please everybody other than to make it
> configurable.  I'm guessing the options should include (in no
> particular order) browsing album by:
> - Album
> - Artist/ Album
> - Artist/ Year/ Album
> - Year/ Album
> - Year/ Artist/ Album
>
> Guess one could then throw Genre into the mix also...personally I don't
> care solong as I don't need to swing in and out of artists to browse
> Albums by Artist and I can set Album/ Artist as my default Album
> browse.

Egd-- just to be clear-- this is already configurable. On the
controller, Settings->Advanced->Albums Sort Method.

Phil-- the setting is controller UI only. Has no effect on webUI or
playerUI.
Regardless, if it's configurable, that shouldn't matter (right?).

Honestly, I really think I picked the sensible default in sorting it by
Artist, then Album. I can't imagine ever browsing to "F" in an alpha
sorted list to listen to R.E.M. Fables of the Reconstruction...

File an enhancement bug if you want that default changed. If it gets
some votes, you never know...

cheers,
#!/ben

p.s. my least favorite default setting? Repeat playlist on the
squeezebox...always disliked that one.

--
bklaas

Logitech Developer:
Squeezeplay/SqueezeOS/SqueezeboxController/SqueezeCenter
Community Developer: Nokia770Skin

http://www.last.fm/user/bklaas/
'KHAAAN!' (http://khaaan.com/)...'BUNNIES!'
(http://home.pacbell.net/bettychu/2003allbreedbisris/BIS.html)