I have a beta unit that shows this message and, as of last night, it
still worked fine.

You're right it won't support playback (although I have made that work
with patching the LUA code to put in a UUID 'manually' rather than with
one read from the device).

I've not bothered to think about having it 'fixed' since I'm in the UK
and it would be both time-consuming and a bit cheeky considering it was
a beta gift in the first place.

Stuart