Stable beta is an oxymoron.

FWIW, my Duet was stuck on connecting to network all weekend and only
listed the Receiver by it's mac address instead of by name, and
wouldn't let me connect to it, which sounds like your problem. This
happened after I upgraded the Controller FW to 3206, and the three or
four nightly SC upgrades since then didn't fix the issue.

I ended up going back to 7.2.1, where the Controller still refused to
talk to the network long enough to downgrade firmware, so I SSH'ed the
r3080.bin firmware onto the controller, at which point it worked again.
Today I installed last night's 7.3 23694, the Controller updated back to
3206, and now all is fine.

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/