Howard Passman;365307 Wrote:
> Is everyone on firmware r3437?

Yes.

Howard Passman;365307 Wrote:
> I wonder if there is something else around interfering.

What do you mean by "anything else"? i.e. Inside the Controller or
outside it?

The noise becomes apparent when playing something with a very low music
signal. It is most easily noticed at the end of a track when the music
should fade to black, but actually it fades to spotty gray...

However when the track has finally stopped, the mute cuts in, and then
the noise is stopped. => So in my opinion the noise is either i) in the
digital domain before the D/A converter, or ii) in the analog domain
between the output of the D/A converter and the mute circuit.

Note: I do hope it is a digital domain thing, because then there is a
chance that new firmware can fix it. Whereas if it is in the analog
domain, one would need to diddle with the hardware...

BTW I am streaming Apple Lossles via FLAC (or WAV) to the controller,
so it is handling high bit rates on the CPU and the wifi parts. Could
it be that the people who are NOT hearing the noise are people who are
streaming compressed audio e.g. MP3 ??

--
AndrewFG

Regards,