tonyptony;368702 Wrote:
> Well, I got it to work. How, you ask? By BORROWING A FREAKING SBC! I
> can't tell you all how ticked off I am about this.
>
> Look, I didn't start Cisco or 3Com but at the same time in nowhere near
> a network newb. I've configured the poop out of various networks over
> the years - wired and wireless. 802.11a, b, g, and n, and 802.16. I
> tried 3 different routers, 2 of them having been forced reset to their
> default basic states and checked to insure no security measures were
> activated. Those two were left so wide open a dead fish could have
> taken over my system! I was convinced I had a brick on my hands.
>
> Does anybody know just what it is the SBC does that allows it to see an
> out-of-box SBR?

I am just going to start this myself but I think it works in Ad Hoc
mode out of the box until it has an IP address etc set in it. From then
on its in infrastructure mode.  If you initialize the device it goes
back into Ad Hoc mode.

So if your PC is not communicating to it in Ad Hoc mode, it won't be
able to see it.

--
Aesculus

Chris