Surely, an AV-scanner is involved. In my case McAfee.

But, I published a hack in the SqueezeCenter part of the forum that
worked in 7.3.1. Curiously enough, This no longer works completely in
7.3.2 or 7.4.

The differences: in 7.3.2 or 7.4, the scanning stops (mostly at
combining artists or at getting covers), while normal -- long --
listings that use a temporary MY? file work. In 7.3.1 and before the
hack worked during scanning also. Before applying the hack, not only
the scanning was interrupted, but also long listings would never show
because the MY? files would be removed by McAfee.

I don't understand the different behavior. I now have to stop McAfee
during scanning again. Maybe I switch to another AV-scanner, because
this problem seems to resurface every time.

Teus

--
Teus de Jong