Mutley-ab;384856 Wrote:
> Hi, new to forum and cant find anybody who has succesfully set up 64bit
> WEP. I have to use this as a legacy bit of kit will only work on 64bit
> WEP.
>
> Using the UDAP tool to configure. Can easyly set up when wired but cant
> get SBR to connect to wireless network, just has yellow LED on front
> indicating trying to connect.
>
> Any ideas  or sample configs would be greatly appreciated.
>
> regards
>
> Andrew

Did you set every WEP parameter?

Code:
--------------------

  bridging: Use device as a wireless bridge (not sure about this)
  hostname: Device hostname (is this set automatically?)
  interface: 0 - wireless, 1 - wired
  lan_gateway: IP address of default network gateway, (e.g. 192.168.1.1)
  lan_ip_mode: 0 - Use static IP details, 1 - use DHCP to discover IP details
  lan_network_address: IP address of device, (e.g. 192.168.1.10)
  lan_subnet_mask: Subnet mask of local network, (e.g. 255.255.255.0)
  primary_dns: IP address of primary DNS server
  secondary_dns: IP address of secondary DNS server
  server_address: IP address of currently active server (either Squeezenetwork
or local server
  squeezecenter_address: IP address of local Squeezecenter server
  squeezecenter_name: Name of local Squeezecenter server (???)
  wireless_SSID: Wireless network name
  wireless_channel: Wireless channel (used by AdHoc mode???)
  wireless_keylen: Length of wireless key, (0 - 64-bit, 1 - 128-bit)
  wireless_mode: 0 - Infrastructure, 1 - Ad Hoc
  wireless_region_id: 4 - US, 6 - CA, 7 - AU, 13 - FR, 14 - EU, 16 - JP, 21 -
TW, 23 - CH
  wireless_wep_key_0: WEP Key 0
  wireless_wep_key_1: WEP Key 1
  wireless_wep_key_2: WEP Key 2
  wireless_wep_key_3: WEP Key 3
  wireless_wep_on: 0 - WEP Off, 1 - WEP On
  wireless_wpa_cipher: 1 - CCMP, 2 - TKIP
  wireless_wpa_on: 0 - WPA Off, 1 - WPA On
  wireless_wpa_mode: 1 - WPA, 2 - WPA2
  wireless_wpa_psk: WPA Public Shared Key

--------------------

In particular, the instructions make this note:

Code:
--------------------

  Type set server_address=192.168.1.50 squeezecenter_address=192.168.1.50
wireless_SSID=3Com wireless_wep_key_0=abcde wireless_wep_on=1

  * (substitute the correct wireless values for your network, and the correct
IP address of your Squeezecenter)

  Type list to see the values have changed

Full details are here:
http://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac/wiki/GettingStarted

If that doesn't help, you may want to post your output from the "list"
command (removing you wireless key info of course!) and someone may
spot something to alter.

--
nathan_h