I guess the SQueezeOS does a lot to conserve battery energy, probably
going to a lot of different power saving states. So yes, I also believe
it’s (Controller) firmware.

I seem to -always- get a big stutter when the display switches off,
periodically thereafter, but irregularly (i.e., not every x seconds). I
agree it sounds odd, and was actually also thinking of recording it last
night :-)

It seems to happen with FLAC as well as MP3. The same files can be
played through my SBR without any problems. Even tried to force
bandwidth down to 128 kbps to the Controller player but same results.

So I’d guess it’s either an internal buffering oder »not
being fast enough« problem. It would be neat to have some "switch" to
disable CPU throttling/power saving stuff on the Controller
step-by-step, so one could diagnose if it plays when nothing else
"hits".

Oh yes, and no rebuffering msgs (I could see), Network test 500 one
green bar constantly at 100%.

--
Moonbase

Moonbase: 'The Problem Solver' (http://www.kaufen-ist-toll.de/moonbase)