>> ...doesn't work if SC is running as a service on Windows...
> Michael: are you thinking of covering this case too?

I'd love to do this, sure. But I haven't found a reasonable solution yet.
We don't want to add yet another process to monitor the main SC process.
In application mode we do this already (SqueezeTray). But as you know you
can't easily restart a service, especially not on Vista+.

> SrvrPowerCtrl is
> able to restart SC as a service now.  It's a bit of a kludge, but it
> works.

I've had a quick look at your solution. You're running some additional
helper app in the background?

--

Michael