thanks Michael,

>> dirsFor: Didn't find a match request: [base]
>
> Proving we didn't test this with Linux yet. Will fix this.

thanks.

>> GUI can't be loaded: Can't locate loadable object for module JSON::XS in
>> @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/squeezecenter/CPAN
>
> Proving you were too excited to read the announcement to the end ;-)

well, too excited to understand it, perhaps :)

> "If you're running Linux, you can access it by running cleanup.pl. Make
> sure you have a recent Wx for perl installed (>0.7)."

I thought I did have it installed; i.e. I have this:

ii  libwx-perl     0.89-1         interface to wxWidgets cross-platform
GUI to

and given that the error complains about not finding JSON::XS, I assumed
that was some specific module for Jive etc.

cheers,
calum.