>Today when you don't use the Extension
>Downloader you will have to download all plugins again from various web
>pages when you upgrade to a new major version of SqueezeCenter. With
>Extension Downloader you would just have to check a number of checkboxes
>and click a button to do the same thing automatically.

Except because I am on the bleeding edge, often plugins have version number
checks that would prevent them from being listed as updates, although often
they can be manually installed and run fine.

I also like to keep backups of everything I use, so I can recreate an
environment without needing to depend on things still existing on the internet
in the future.  Too many times I have found sites/authors disappearing (not
SqueezeCenter things, but you never can tell!).

Maybe this would be different if all third-party plugins were hosted in a
single repository somewhere that is likely to stay around forever.