Yes the restart message is missing at present.  Do those people who had
to delete the extension.prefs file install the nightly each night?
There was a bug in the initial version which initialised preferences to
the wrong values which would only occur if you installed the nightly
from Sunday/Monday.

It's worth saying what the changes do at present:
- downloading and installing a plugin has moved to the core server
(from the extension downloader plugin)
- the server will check for updates to all plugins downloaded from
repos everytime the server starts up and every 24 hours after this
- if there is an update to a plugin it will be automatically
downloaded, but will not be unziped and installed until the server is
restarted.  What's missing is a message saying that an updated plugin
has been downloaded

The extension downloader web page is really a test harness for this at
present.  It shows all plugins known from the repos, but not the
versions (as it always aims to install the latest version).  It
currently has "install", "uninstall" and "don't care" settings for each
plugin.  We don't really need the "don't care" option, but I felt it was
needed for the moment as otherwise it would actively remove plugins when
you first loaded server as the pref would have to default to
"uninstall".

--
Triode