Philip Meyer;433487 Wrote:
> I think the only problem with MySQL were the occasional reported issue
> about problems openning files due to affects of other processes running
> on that users computer (eg. AV and firewall products).  That can happen
> to any app, caused by any program.  i.e. who's to say it won't be a
> problem with SQLite too.  i.e. how much testing has been conducted to
> see if SQLite is better?
I don't know for sure, but I think the ani virus thing is particular to
MySQL. It wasn't false positives, but the AV app locking files when
MySQL wanted to access them.

Philip Meyer;433487 Wrote:
> The switches to turn off functionality to lower the memory footprint
> only stop items from running, I believe.  They are still built into the
> executable, so still take up memory.  I'm not sure how much of a saving
> they really make.
Linux NAS systems don't have an executable, so they only load the PERL
modules they need, when they need them.

--
funkstar

my collection:
*1*x boom
*2*x controller, *1*x receiver
*2*x sb3 (sliver/black, *1*x sb2 wired (silver), *1*x sb (black)
*1*x slimp3 (with rear shield)

interested in any others if you have them!