tamanaco;440702 Wrote:
> To start, a simple "comment" in the comment field stating the SC
> version(s) supported and any dependencies from other plugins should
> suffice. No need to re-invent the wheel.

My point is the comment field is only part of the metadata contained
within the repos - the other data includes which server version and what
platform a plugin is appropriate for.  Authors should use this to define
when a plugin should be listed as available for install this will be
read by the server and it will not be shown in the list.  In the rare
case of plugin dependancies I agree this should be in the description
field, but otherwise the repo format allows the author to define this,
so this is what they should edit...

--
Triode