well, thanks - I tried it all and it got worse (fourtunately I only
tried it with some files to see, if they behave in another way than the
others).

First of all:
They didn't and it didn't solve the problem, so I still don't see any
changes choosing the "artists, year..."-order.

What I tried:
deleting the "ALBUMARTIST"-tag in compilations
adding the "ITUNESCOMPILATION = 0" for "one artist"-albums
the "ITUNESCOMPILATION = 1" is set on compilations in all my files.

But now what it made it worse:
For the ARTISTSORTORDER and ARTISTSORT tag didn't have any effect
either I deleted them again. But - You remember ;) - after adding those
tags, the artist (e.g. ABBA) wasn't listed in the artist section of the
library anymore. This behaviour still continues AFTER deleting the tags
and update-scan the database.

BUT - what I recognized - using the SEARCH-function of the browser,
they are shown but listed at the very end:
e.g.
Black Sabbath
Elisa Gabbai
ABBA

So I guess, this function orders by "ARTISTSORT" (or ARTISTSORTORDER)
and it lists first those who have the tag left empty, and then starts
mit "ABBA".
And further on I guess this could correspond with a bug I filed, that
the scanner doesn't re-move old entries from tag fields, so i guess,
although the ARTISTSORT is left empty in my mp3, the database has still
"ABBA;" or "ABBA;<blank>".

Can anyone test, if those behaviour could be reproduced so we/I could
file a bug and get this solved?

Thanks!

Frank

--