Just to report back my final results from yesterday's "test"...

I got 10 hours and 10 minutes of controller usage out of the charging
cradle before it shut down on me...

Some important points:
- I used the controller as a controller (not as a player)
- I have my suspend timeout to the max (3600?)
- I have my sleep timeout to the min (60)
- I am an album listener...so for the most part, I used it to select an
album, and let it play... occasionally using the controller to check the
song title or the remaining track time...  And of course, to select a
new album when the previous album completed
- The controller did download and install a nightly firmware update
during this "test" session
- The controller did reboot unnaturally after coming out of a sleep
state

10 hours and 10 minutes...  Not bad for a one-year old battery, eh?

--
MikeekiM

SqueezeCenter Running on HP EX485 MediaSmart Server (WHS)
- 1 SqueezeBox Duet
- 4 SqueezeBox Booms