Philip Meyer;457166 Wrote:

> If you want users to discover "new apps", then have a "New Apps"
> gallery on the Home menu, ONLY when there are newer apps available.

I kind of like the idea of having some kind of indication when there is
a new or upgraded application.

The only problem is how to detect that something is new ?

If it's considered new until you have entered the menu once there is a
risk the user has a hard time finding apps after he has installed the
first app since the menu then will disappear.

I suppose you might consider an application new until you have scrolled
so it has been selected once in the menu, that would leave the menu
enabled until you have scrolled through all apps. Of course, that might
instead cause questions asking how to get rid of the "new apps"
indication since all users might not realize they need to scroll through
all apps.

I agree with pippin that "My Apps/App Gallery" would be best, it makes
the applications as noticeable as the current solution but without
cluttering the home menu. Combined with the "new apps" indication that
would make sure no one misses them.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))